Sometimes a tooth incurs damage that requires altering its appearance, shape, strength or size. In that case, the dentist will implement a treatment that has the same appearance as a healthy tooth, also known as a crown.
The crown is cemented into place, making sure to conceal the part of the tooth that is above the gum line. The highly skilled team at Dental Care Princeton will make sure that it’s placed securely and looks and feels like a natural tooth.
Why Are Crowns Used?
Crowns usually become necessary for one of the following reasons:
- Protecting weak or decaying teeth from additional damage
- Protecting teeth worn down extreme grinding
- To replace worn or damaged fillings
- The concealment of a dental implant
- To support dental bridges that have replaced missing teeth
- To cover teeth that are misshapen or discolored
If you have questions about Dental Care Princeton or would like more information call us today at (609) 454-0766